Thursday, June 30, 2011

Casting Call - Round 2

So Far it Looks like Louise is the winner of Round 1. (named after Louise Nevelson)

The next candidates for your consideration are up.

More about the "part". A second grader who is crazy about art. Crazy as in eats. sleeps, breathes it.
She is a cross between Edna Mode/ Dieter from Sprockets and Tabitha from Salon Takeover on Bravo and the chick from Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World.  She's a loveable KOOK. Not sweet - but fun. An individual that maybe not all of the kids "get"- but her passion is infectious.


OK- Here we go on my feelings:

Norma: You have the coolest Mom cause she let you dye your hair. You let your freak flag fly.

Mary: You suffer from the common misconception that art is "fashionable". Tho- nice hair.  I like the mod edge.

Jessie: You are the one doodling on every single scrap of paper and test. Maybe you are the quiet artiste- not the gallery curator.

 The part is for the kid that can lead a group of kids to put on an art show. Pick the character that you can hear yelling, arms in the air...."I LOVE IT!" - over and over. 

OK - Vote someone in or out of the book. The top 3 will come to call backs and I'll do a few character poses for the final pick.




PS She will most likely wear the striped shirt - they all have a thing for striped french sailor tees- it's them, really ;)

17 comments:

Diandra Mae said...

I'm going with Norma, although I think she may need an edgier haircut if she's going to be bossing other kids around. Right now, it's a little too relaxed and easy going. Maybe a sharp wedge or have one side much shorter than the other?

(ps- I am LOVING all these girls and I hope the ones you don't use now get to appear somewhere else!)

Angela Matteson said...

I love Norma, and her blue hair. She looks like she's a thinking girl. I can see she's working on something big right at this moment.

I agree with Diandra! I hope all the girls make it into the book somewhere. They look great all together.

Jenn Bower said...

Mary fits the part for me in this round...any girl that can tool around in vintage Mod Squad certainly must have the chops to boss kids around...she kind of screams future curator.
Norma - seem shy underneath but acts loud through her hair.
My first pic had been Jessie until you filled in some more on the 'part.' This is so fun.

Marsha said...

I like Norma! She's youthful, creative, and seems like an outgoing character without being obnoxious.

Charlotte Cheng said...

I'm going with Norma because you're looking for a leader. She seems to have the spunk with the hair and the kooky shirt, to herd a bunch of wandering artists :). Thanks formsharing the process Kelly!

Jennifer Darlington said...

I still love Louise! But I also like Jessie.

Gerald Kelley said...

Jessie. Definitely. She screams bossy and cheeky. Hair always never quite in control.

Anna said...

I love Jessie. She looks very confident and I love the pencil in her hair :D

Christina Forshay said...

Definitely Jessie--she seems more free, she's got the messier hair, more spunky look. Wouldn't mind bossing the other kids around for sure. SO CUTE!

Kathy Blackmore said...

wow - this one is harder than the first (Louise was a clear shout out for the part). I keep coming back to Norma - there's a confidence about her expression - that I think would be there even if her hair weren't blue. In terms of pure design: Jessie's proportions are awesome - perfect balance/unity.

Laura Zarrin said...

I really like Jessie, but Norma is a close second. This is so fun!

Mark MacKay said...

Jessie.She seems more artsy plus she has her pencil close by! Norma is great with her blue hair though! But Jessie is my vote.

Kelly Light said...

You guys are awesome!! I will tally up

Alicia Padrón said...

Jessie!!I think she fits the bill perfectly.

Plus, and I realized this a tad late, you mentioned the character is a second grader. She is the youngest looking one of the bunch and really looks age appropriate.

This is awesome. You are awesome :o)

lil kim said...

I go Norma because she looks confident, whereas Jessie looks a bit unsure. Plus, blue hair, right on! I do like the pencil in the hair though....

theartofpuro said...

I love Jessie:)

Lynda Bruschini - icontact photo-graphics said...

Jessie rocks!