Tuesday, September 9, 2008

38

It's here again. My birthday.

I am not fond of my birthdays. Maybe because once your over 16, it's just not so magical. Once you're a Mom - someone else's birthday is magical.

Also- I seem to be an enigma to my husband , who is a deer caught in the headlights from Aug 11th - Sept 9th every year. Petrified of buying me the wrong gift - he usually panics and buys no gift. Last night he hollered at me, "why do you have to be so picky?" - And I hollered back "I am non-generic! You should be happy to have fallen in love with a non-generic person! I am very specific! I like what I like!" - But I suppose, he can't just go to the mall or Target and find antique radios, old coloring books and saddle shoes. I gave him ideas: singing lessons - I love to sing and have always wanted to do it on the stage- but I want an expert to tell me if I suck or not- so I don't humiliate myself. I also suggested a piece of art for my naked wall above the mantle. Remember, I said I painted skydiving pigs onto the one I was doing.

So - Last night, while reading up on the blogs i enjoy - I found this on the Character Design blog.


I decided to bid as my birthday gift from hubby - if I win, I can help this beautiful baby and his family out - and have one amazing sketchbook. If I loose - I've helped drive the bidding way up- and still have helped this family. If you would like to bid too- please do! Follow the Ebay link!

This morning, I was surprised to see a Happy Birthday message in my blog roll. Noah Ginex- the pupeteer from BNL's "Pollywog in a bog" - was very kind to do this:


So- today- tho' I woke up to a bad hair day- and rain... it's turning out to be a good b'day!

10 comments:

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

FAVREAU said...

Happy Birthday! :O)

Gina Perry said...

Happy Birthday Girl!!!

I'm flashing back to when I met you in NYC and how everything was 'me too!' - where we went to school, our dorm, our internships, career paths, etc. And now... your birthday is just 1 day off of mine - too funny!

Your gift idea is perfect - and heartwarming.

May the rest of your day be filled with good times and laughs. :)

Randall Sly said...

Thank you so much for the kind words and linking to the auction. Happy Birthday... I hope you win too. Thank you so much for bidding.

-Randall Sly

Anonymous said...

To Kelly:

An artist I can turn to and 100 percent of the time, get a smile.

Thanks for your talent and you're only as young as you draw yourself.

Happy Birthday from the West Coast!

-Lewis -n- Noelle
"Tacky Tourists"

c.g.young said...

Kelly,
Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

-c.g.young

skydiving pigs sound great!

Tom Barrett said...

Happy Birthday! Tell your husband he is in good company. The secret is to start looking early.

Hope the rest of the day was good!

Kelly Light said...

Thanks heaps for all of the birthday wishes everyone. It added something to here the bin bong of the email and get all of your messages!-

Tom- I think he does need to start earlier than 3 days before! - it is somewhat enjoyable to watch him squirm, tho!:}

Aja said...

Happy Birthday!!

Alicia Padrón said...

Happy birthday Kelly!!!

Sorry it's a bit late. Haven't been able to catch up on all my blog buddies but I'm back home, so i promise to visit more often :o)