Tuesday, April 6, 2010

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8..................



Give us any chance, we'll take it.
Give us any rule, we'll break it.
We're gonna make our dreams come true.
Doin' it our way.

Nothin's gonna turn us back now,
Straight ahead and on the track now.
We're gonna make our dreams come true,
Doin' it our way.

There is nothing we won't try,
Never heard the word impossible.
This time there's no stopping us.
We're gonna do it.

On your mark, get set, and go now,
Got a dream and we just know now,
We're gonna make our dream come true.
And we'll do it our way, yes our way.
Make all our dreams come true,
And do it our way, yes our way,
Make all our dreams come true
For me and you.


I've been sooo busy. I just completed a project that I had 3 months to do. A picture book/illustrated play of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I will show some of the work when I'm given the ok to do so. It was a lot of work in a very little amount of time. The last week I found myself talking to myself- yes I was going a little crazy - and finding ways to urge myself on- @ 2 am night after night, to keep going.

When this theme song popped into my head.

I've been singing it for days and it has kept me going. Inspiration can be found in the oddest of places. Who knew Laverne and Shirley could be my patron saints of meeting a deadline?

The words- if read by Patrick Stewart or Anthony Hopkins in a dramatic reading could take on a whole new life. And so I give to you- The Gospel according to Schlemiel! Schlimazel! - If you can get the voices of those two Milwaukee girls out of your head- read them. Maybe you'll find the inspiration to do it your way - make your dreams come true.

6 comments:

Jameson said...

WHAT ABOUT NINE!

melinda beavers said...

Yay - good for you! Great play list too! ;)

Valerie Krist said...

Great illo! I recognized them right away without even reading the lyrics.

Gina Perry said...

Congratulations Kelly! That's a short time for a lot of work - as anyone who follow you knows how much you put INTO your work. I love your patron saints - did it feel awesome to create a one-off after doing a book?

Kathleen said...

I LOVE THIS! Definitely should be sold on your art website!

Joy Steuerwald said...

I actually hear William Shatner reading...HA!

You're awesome Kelly and an amazing artist. You made it through such a crazy deadline and you should be proud! I love the sketches you posted and can't believe they're the "rejects"??!! what-ev. I can't wait to see the book out and published. Great job and glad you're still sane!