Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Goin to California or Goin back to Cali or California Dreamin'..




Off to Los Angeles! Very exciting to go back! I went out in 1992 a week after college graduation. My time living there was nowhere near long enough BUT I look back at it fondly. I am nostalgic for the adventure of living by the seat of the pants- not knowing how to pay the rent or when the next earthquake would toss us out of our discount water bed.
I was the stupidest kid. Way too immature to grasp the enormous opportunities I had right there in front of me. I was shy, lacked some serious confidence in my abilities. I was afraid of my own shadow.

What a difference 16 years makes. GO WEST YOUNG- no- kinda young with some grey hairs..and a 9 yr old..... WOMAN!!!

- SCBWI Summer Conference here I come. I love L.A. !!! - thnx to Mr. Newman

Roll down the window put down the top
Crank up the Beach Boys baby
Don't let the music stop
We're gonna ride it till we just can't ride it no more

Century Boulevard (We love it)
Victory Boulevard (We love it)
Santa Monica Boulevard (We love it)
Sixth Street (We love it, we love it)!!

From the South Bay to the Valley
From the West Side to the East Side
Everybody's very happy
'Cause the sun is shining all the time
Looks like another perfect day

I love L.A. (We love it)
I love L.A. (We love it)

9 comments:

Crystal said...

How long will you be in town for?

Kelly Light said...

Crystal- be there 8/6-8/10- then San Diego for a few

Gina Perry said...

And awwwaaaay you go! Love the illustration Kelly. Wishing you the best time (both at the con, and exploring)

Aja said...

Best of luck to you Kelly!

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Let us know how it goes! We are all dying to hear.

LillyZoo said...

I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Penny said...

I can't wait to hear all about it! I've given you a Scribbler- visit my blog to see the deal:)
http://pennyweber.blogspot.com.

jmeyersketches said...

Looking forward to hearing about your great trip!

The piece is wonderful, has a lovely charm to it.

Anonymous said...

It was a pleasure getting to meet you today at the SCBWI conference. I have been a HUGE fan of your work for some time and so has my wife. Hope to see you next year if not before.