Monday, August 18, 2008

"A celebrated people lose dignity upon a closer view"


The title is a quote from shorty himself.

A rainy day at the zoo this week - so I finished reading a book about Napoleonic times. Nappy and Jo - 2 crazy kids - fabled romance - out to conquer the world.

"What shall we take in tonight my love? Italy? Austria? Belgium?""Name it and it's yours- the world is at our feet, Jo"

But as with most "politicians" and "celebrities" - they didn't really have their s**t together. They had affairs- divorced - died miserable. The mighty tend to fall, don't they?

These two would have been in every tabloid. I don't get into idolatry. I'm not much for "the cult of personality" - if time truly tells... things don't change.

So I doodled up the imperial couple in happier times. Au revoir pour l'instant, mes amis!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Fantastic. It has an old school Disney feel to it. Don't know if that was intended or not but it's the vibe I'm getting from it.