Monday, March 23, 2009

Work In progress






Updated- working on background- common problem of mine. Character first- environment second- but, I'm getting better all the time!



I am having fun working on these. I have tried to loosen up A LOT - and I think it's paid off. Working with a critique or a conference or a meeting looming ahead can really bog one down. So- free to play- has paid off.

This is the 3rd in the "Legends of Love gone wrong" series. This is King Arthur.

(I decided to skip tristan and Isolde as the love triangle involved an old Uncle- yuck)

So King Arthur and the Tales of his glorious rise and glorious reign and equally glorious fall - He fell for Guinevere -laid his kingdom at her feet- offered her his heart to do with as she would. And she did- she stomped all over it and fell in love with Arthur's best friend- Lancelot. Poor Arthur so blind to it- right in front of his face. And the whole time Merlin knew. He could see the future and said nothing. He let poor Arthur's heart get broken. A spectacularly sad story - of the messiness of love.

(Merlin intentionally looks like a young Andy Rooney- wouldn't he be a good voice for an animated character?)

I will finish and post- needs some trees and flowers- romantic like stuff.

7 comments:

FAVREAU said...

I know I've said this before, but your work is too cute! I just love their expressions. =)

Brian said...

You tell the whole story in that single image. Very Rockwellian of you.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

This is so wild and crazy and I love it!!!!! The looks on everybody is simply priceless over here!. What a hoot! Is this going to animated???? Oh please say yes! I'm in love with this and I would love to hear they're story! Great work. You've got me hanging by string now.

Tom Barrett said...

These are looking great, Kelly!

Anonymous said...

Everything about your style is kick-butt, but your expressions are what especially slay me (sorry for all the violent descriptors, sheesh!)

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Looking awesome! Can't wait to see it finished!

Eric Barclay said...

Really beautiful work. Love the Merlin character.