Monday, June 20, 2011

Always Let you conscience be your guide...

When you get in trouble and you don't know right from wrong
Give a little whistle!  Give a little whistle!
When you meet temptation and the urge is very strong
Give a little whistle!  Give a little whistle!

Not just a little squeak, pucker up and blow
And if your whistle's weak, yell, "Jiminy Cricket!"
Right!

Take the straight and narrow path
And if you start to slide
Give a little whistle!  Give a little whistle!
And always let your conscience be your guide"
I made a tough decision this week. Truthfully- it took months to make this decision. 
Even when I had made up my mind, the final declaration of that decision - just
scared the crap out of me.
I left my agent. I wish him well.
 
I'm off to pursue publication solo again. I believe in myself. Making the tough decisions
only reinforces that belief. 
 
That little voice in your head; your conscience - it yells sometimes. 
 
"And always let your conscience be your guide" 
An away we go.
 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you Kelly!! I am also thinking of flying solo and not renewing my contract with my rep. Feel the need to go it alone. Good luck..not the you need it! =)

Marsha said...

Make your own way girl! You've got loads of talent.

Marsha said...

Make your own way girl! You've got loads of talent.

Jenn Bower said...

Good luck, Kelly! And thank you always for your very candid posts. They help this noob tremendously. You are so extremely talented and such a gifted storyteller.

Courtney Pippin-Mathur said...

You'll do great, honey! You have so much talent and are a wonderful person (with really awesome accessories!)

theartofpuro said...

Good luck,Kelly!But i'm sure you'll have no problems,your art is fantastic!