Thursday, April 10, 2008

Shhhh...I won..again....shhhh

Be vewy vewy quiet...Don't tell anyone yet, til the band announces it....so forget you are reading this...I won the BNL Snacktime cd release contest to draw BNL. Oy... I can't believe it. I'm hoping this is sign from the great beyond... Good art happenings will be coming my way. People like what I do! It makes me so happy! Oh please, Children's Book Gods smile down on me! I'm here in New Hampshire waiting for the weekends' New England SCBWI conference to start. As usual..I get nervous and feel nauseated. But I am hopeful and this win adds some wind to my sails. Ok...remember...you never read this, you didn't hear it from me..consult the BNL Music site to find out who won..

6 comments:

Alicia Padrón said...

(whispering) congratulations kelly.... shhh..... :o)

Kelly Light said...

...thanks alicia.....shhhh

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAGHHH! Awesome!

Alicia Padrón said...

So can I scream now Kelly?? That is pretty awesome news girl!! :o)

Anonymous said...

We met at the SCBWI conference. In fact we ate breakfast together in the entrance of the hotel. I was absolutely delighted to see your poster chosen not only to receive the People's Choice Award but also first place. Congratulations!!! I loved your drawing, and obviously, many others did, too. May it open door for you.
Angie

Anonymous said...

Like there was any question!

You totally deserve that and I can't wait to see more of your work. I come here occasionally to get my "prettygoodforagirl" fix, LOL.

Any progress on those tremendous tacky tourist textile textures we were wearing? hee hee!

cheers, and big hugs from California,

Lewis & Noelle