Thursday, July 19, 2007

Old School



One day, while drawing up in the studio, my seven year old daughter, Maggie, said to me, "Mom, you're so old school!" I wasn't sure I had heard her right..so I asked her to repeat herself..and she did..."YOU ARE OLD-SCHOOL!" First, how the heck did she know what that means?
Second...ouch. The truth hurts. Out of the mouths of babes and all that.
I AM old school. Practically prehistoric prep. When approaching art, I rarely think outside the box. Literal that's me. Conceptual..deisgny..ironic...serious.. alternative..edgy... can't seem to find that inside. Perhaps I am just not deep, or haven't dug down deep enough-or don't want to. I am hoping to get past just drawing pretty pictures...into something more.

Buddha Dog concepts continue. One looks very animated..the other I tried to go the retro..cartoon modern route. I'll keep going..got the babies to do too. I do love my sketchbook pro,tho.

No comments: